Podcasting is as an ideal 21st century medium for students to experiment with. Think of the skills of a podcaster - writing, editing, speaking, recording, interviewing, researching, and designing. With millions of podcast episodes in circulation, and media organizations, business figures, and celebrities starting pods left and right, it's easy to show students that podcasting is relevant today.
In this project, students will listen to episodes of a very short podcast called "A Little Happier" as a mentor text. Then they will brainstorm, write, edit, record, and submit their very own tiny podcast. It's an ideal project for experimenting with this medium even if you're pressed for time.
Don't worry, you'll have the tools you need to make it easy. The curriculum walks students through a simple process to record using the free online tool, Vocaroo, as well as how to create podcast art using the free online tool, Canva. They can put it all together using the included Google Slide template, or submit it however you prefer.
Here's what's inside:
- A menu featuring six tiny podcast episodes to listen to through QR codes
- Easy guiding handouts for the entire podcast creation process (designed by a podcaster!)
- A rubric for straightforward grading
- Print-and-go guiding handouts to walk students through the brainstorming and episode creation process
- A guiding handout for peer feedback
THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS BOTH A PDF AND A GOOGLE DRIVE VERSION.
Questions? I'm at [email protected]